Closure of broncho-pleural fistula
· It is usually at the apex.
· Place the patient on his side with the affected side up.
· Tilt the head down by raising the foot of the bed.
· Pass through the I.C. drainage tube a feeding catheter No.5
· Install blood of the patient (about 30-50ml) inside the feeding catheter.
· Keep the patient in the mentioned position for 2 hours.
· Elevate the I.C. drainage tube over a pillow to prevent trickling out of the installed blood.
** N.B.: low suction 20mm/Hg or 3KPa.
· Disconnect –ve pressure when patient goes to the bathroom or for exercise.
· This procedure is repeated maximally for 3 times day on and day off. 100% result, no need for surgery.